DHCS held a webinar on Considerations for Allocating Opioid Settlement Funds on April 4, 2023. A copy of the PowerPoint presentation and a recording of the presentation are now available on the DHCS OSF webpage.
DHCS has held previous webinars on reporting requirements for California cities and counties receiving opioid funds, as well as allowable expenses with the settlement funds. These slides and recordings are also available on the DHCS OSF webpage.
In addition to webinars, DHCS has posted the following resources for cities and counties receiving opioid settlement funds:
- For clarification on common questions regarding expenditure and reporting requirements, please refer to the Opioid Settlement Funds Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) resource.
- For a list of allowable activities, please refer to the Allowable Expenditures resource, which includes California’s designated High Impact Abatement Activities and a list of opioid remediation activities from Exhibit E of the National Settlement Agreements.
- Subdivisions interested in receiving technical assistance from DHCS staff should complete the Technical Assistance Form and send their completed form to OSF@dhcs.ca.gov.
- Cities and counties with questions about allowable expenditures and reporting may reach out to the DHCS OSF inbox at OSF@dhcs.ca.gov.
- Questions about opioid litigation and participation can be directed to the Office of the Attorney General at OpioidSettlement-LocalGovernment@doj.ca.gov.
- Questions about settlement payments can be directed to the Settlement Administrator, BrownGreer PLC at DirectingAdministrator@NationalOpioidOfficialSettlement.com